Communication Fundamentals: Press Release, Speech Writing, Newsletters & Speaking Skills
- August 26, 2019 - August 30, 2019
- 5 Days
- Nanyuki, (Kenya)
- +254-020-2626215, +254-020-2626217
In every organization, it is essential that the writing and speaking skills are of the highest professional standard. How well you communicate can make or break your own professional image as well as perceptions of your organization. It directly influences how others view your work and performance, as well as your prospects for career advancement and mobility.
This training course has been specifically designed to developed the competency of professionals to equip them with the necessary skills and confidence to achieve excellence in spoken and written communication. There is a wealth of practical guidance on improving the effectiveness of various forms of spoken and written communication.
If you want your press releases, speeches, and newsletters to be read with interest and acted upon and if you want to be able to present your ideas with impact and effectiveness, this is the right training for you.
This training course will feature:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Press release and speech writing fundamentals
- Newsletter writing
- Proven ways to improve the effectiveness of various forms of written communication
- Power language to improve persuasiveness and impact
- Presentation skills to persuade even the most hostile audience
- How to convey a credible message and create concise messages using a structured process
- Improve your listening skills
- Know techniques to write clearer, more effective and professional press releases, speeches and newsletters
- Confidently use the right techniques, tools and skills for a wide variety of communication challenges
- Have greater confidence in speaking in front of a group
- Develop your spoken presentation skills and the ability to build professional rapport with your audience and colleagues
This training workshop uses a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes facilitated group and individual exercises, case studies, role-paly and videos.
Under the guidance of a professional writer and speaker you will learn key techniques, try them for yourself and receive feedback. You will discover how to plan to plan and structure documents, how to choose an appropriate writing style.
Who Should Attend
This training is relevant to anyone who would like to improve their written and oral communication skills:
- Public Relations, Corporate Communications Officers
- Media & Press Officers