30th May 2013
To all Members
NOTICE TO THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the members of the Public Relations Society of Kenya will be held on Wednesday 19th June, 2013 at the Laico Regency Hotel at 6.00 p.m.
1. To receive and record apologies for the meeting
2. To read the notice convening the meeting
3. To adopt the agenda of the meeting
4. To confirm minutes of the last meeting
5. To receive the Society’s status report from the Chairman
6. To receive the Committee recommendations on the Society Constitution review and authorize the Committee to make amendments and/or incorporations
7. To receive the Auditors Report & Accounts for the year ended 2012
8. To appoint the Auditor in accordance with the Constitution and authorize the Committee to fix the remuneration for the ensuing year.
9. To transact any other business whose due notice has been given
Procedure at meeting
• At all meetings of the Society, the Chairman or in his absence, the Vice Chairman, or in the absence of both these office bearers, a full member elected by the meeting shall take the Chair.
• The Chairman may at his discretion limit the number of persons permitted to speak in favor of or against any motion.
• Those seeking election shall be proposed and seconded by fully paid up members of the Society.
• Resolutions shall be decided by simple voting by a show of hands by full members
• Any member entitled to vote may use the proxy form to nominate a representative who will vote in his/her stead. A proxy so nominated must be a fully paid up member of the society.
• In the event of there being more than one nomination for any particular candidate, the Chairman of the meting shall conduct a secret ballot.
• In the case of equality of votes, the Chairman of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
Any member wishing to vie for the elections is requested to submit his/her name to the PRSK Secretariat, 47 Mucai Drive off Ngong Road, P.O. Box 47711-00100 Nairobi so as to arrive not later than 2.00 p.m. on Monday 17th June, 2013.
Any member vying for such post must be a fully paid up member of the Society and must have been a member for at least one year and should have validated their 2013 annual subscription or any other dues to the Society on or before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
Any member with any other business must send notice for the same to the Secretariat by Monday 17th June 2013 for inclusion in the agenda